Collars and Crushes




Co-written by: Myst and LJ


Kadyn’s eyes were glistening with mischief. He had to get this just right. He waited with bated breath until Vincent had his mug to his lips and was tipping it. Once Kadyn knew for sure that his timing was perfect, he startled the older man.

“Vincent, I want a collar!” he blurted out and laughed when his partner spewed coffee over the table. Vincent’s glare did nothing to discourage his Brat. “I’d get one myself, but since it is yours I want to wear, I figure you should buy it.”

Vincent wiped the coffee off his chin before purposefully getting up and walking around the table. Hauling his Brat to his feet, he landed a stinging swat to the seat of Kadyn’s boxer-covered bottom. “Next time you do that, young man, you can plan on spending the rest of the day standing up, due to finding it very uncomfortable to sit down. Got it?” he growled before returning to his seat and continuing his breakfast.

Kadyn rubbed at the burn on his backside and gingerly sat back down. “I must be crazy or something, ‘cause I still want your collar on me. Don’t know why though, when you can be so mean at times.”

Vincent bit back a smile. “I’m not mean to you, Kadyn. But I am firm with you, and God only knows I have to be. Why do you want to wear my collar? Is it because of something you’ve read on the internet and though it seemed cool? Do you understand what it means to wear another man’s collar?”

“Not the internet; the TV. The NCIS show to be exact; and yeah, it did seem cool.” Kadyn shrugged his shoulders and pushed down the few floating Honey-nut Cheerios left in his bowl. “I’m not sure what all it means. I figured it was like jewellery. Or at the most, sort of take the place of a wedding ring.”

“I can see where you’d think wearing a collar would be cool. It is an item of jewelry. But wearing another man’s collar has a meaning I think you’re not aware of. It typically means that you are a submissive and part of a Dom/Sub relationship.” As he spoke, Vincent closely watched Kadyn for his reaction to what was being said. “How much do you know about such a relationship?” He was unsure how much if anything, Kadyn knew of other lifestyles.

Kadyn had lived a rather sheltered life. The youngest of four children and being born several years after his siblings, resulted in his having stayed close to home. Although not an academic genius by any stretch of the imagination, he had graduated high school and stayed in Jade Heights to work in his father’s business rather than further his education. He had never found studying particularly appealing. His time on the internet involved playing games and looking up information only on subjects that struck his fancy. But it had never crossed his mind to investigate other lifestyles and he certainly could never be accused of voyeurism.

“I…” Kadyn paused to consider the unfamiliar terminology. “I don’t think I know anything at all about that kind of relationship. Is it a lot different than ours? And if so, in what ways?”

“This is going to take more than a few minutes to explain,” Vincent responded with a smile. “Why don’t we finish breakfast and get the dishes out of the way, then we can discuss it more comfortably in the living room.”

Kadyn readily agreed to go along with his partner’s proposal. Scooping the last spoonful of cereal into his mouth, he got up and began clearing the table. He ran hot water into the sink and added a generous amount of soap, causing bubbles to rise up and threaten to overflow. Another bad habit as far as Vincent was concerned. Although to give the older man credit, he rarely complained about it.

Vincent noticed Kadyn almost overflowing the sink, but said nothing. He was more concerned about how to explain the differences between Top/Brat and Dom/Sub relationships, as well as the significance of wearing another man’s collar.

Smiling at the younger man, Vincent finished up his coffee and said, “Give me a few minutes to get my thoughts in order, okay? I wasn’t expecting anything like this on a Sunday morning. I’ll be in the front room whenever you’re ready.”

“Sure thing.” Being as Vincent had prepared breakfast, Kadyn didn’t mind doing the washing up. It seemed only fair in his mind. However, he preferred to spend as much time with his partner as possible, so it took hardly any time at all before he was throwing himself down on the sofa next to his Top. “So, big guy, what did ya come up with?”

“A collar frequently is a symbol that the one wearing it is in what is called a Dom/Sub relationship,” Vincent began patiently. “The couple in the relationship can be same sex or opposite sex, it makes no difference. Within that relationship, the collar can mean many things. That the partners are together for a specific ‘scene’, or that they are in a full-time committed relationship. With some couples, a sub will wear the collar only for sex, to set the tone of who is in charge. Others, the sub wears it all the time. It’s referred to as a ‘power exchange.’ No matter what though, the sub accepts a collar willingly. It is the sub’s decision to wear the collar.” Pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts, Vincent then asked, “How much do you know about these particular types of relationships? Do you want me to explain them?”

“Not too much at all. And what I do know may have been told to me wrong because there is a lot more to this than I would have thought. But the titles kinda shout that the Dom is the one in charge. I guess that like in a Top/Brat situation, the Sub first gets to decide if that is what he wants, right?”

“Yes, you’re right. The Sub can opt out at any time. The Dom may be the one in charge of many things in the lifestyle, but it’s a power exchange, not a dictatorship.”

Kadyn was surprised at wanting to learn more, even though he strongly suspected it was not a lifestyle he would fully want to embrace. The word ‘scene’ had slightly thrown him off. “I am also guessing that like ours, each relationship depends on what the partners need and expect from each other, right? By wearing your collar, how would our relationship change?”

“That would depend on how much you want it to change,” Vincent assured him. “If you find you’re serious about this and you want to wear my collar as part of a sex scene, giving me control of what happens during sex and end it there, that’s fine. If you want it to extend further, that’s fine as well. By extending it further, I mean where you would give me authority over other areas of your life such as if or when you can see your friends, as an example. We’d decide on what those limits are. However,” he added seriously, “I won’t go along with you wanting one thing one day; then changing your mind the next. The giving and wearing of a collar is an obligation for both people involved and both must commit to it.”

Vincent smiled at Kadyn and added, “I hope this isn’t overwhelming you. I’m trying to give you the basics. No matter what, you don’t need to make a decision right away. You’ll need time to think if it’s really what you want. Whatever your decision is, I’ll be happy with it. All I want is what’s best for you. I love you and that is what’s important.”

“I love you too and I love our relationship. Okay, so maybe not the spankings so much,” Kadyn added with a pout that quickly disappeared. “But I sometimes wonder if there was anything we can do to make it even better. I don’t want a collar as part of a sex scene, Vince. You most often accept me making the first move sexually, but then you take over and I like it that way. You are so good at making me come alive and over the last year or so have taught me a lot of new stuff. Sure beats doing it on my own.” Kadyn smirked when making this last comment, then turned serious again. “But to me, a scene is like playing a game or putting on a show. I think I want something more real than that. Oh, and I won’t be changing my mind. I mean I haven’t changed it yet, have I? I’m still here; I’m still living our present lifestyle. I just feel there can be more, but not sure what exactly.”

For several moments, Kadyn sat quietly trying to come up with the right words to express himself, but was unable to find them. He decided asking more questions might help. “Can you give me a list of the areas in my life that you think I could use more help in, Vincent? Try to be specific if you can. You know me; I kind of need everything spelled out.”

Vincent was surprised by Kadyn’s question. “Sweetie, I really don’t want more authority over your life,” he said earnestly. “But if you’re wanting to know areas I think we can work on improving, I’m sure I can think of a few. Just remember though, I love you the way you are; spontaneous, cheerful, fun-loving, and kind.”

“I kinda like me that way too,” Kadyn concurred with a grin. “I know I gripe and grumble sometimes, but I really do like you the way you are too. I’m not saying I necessarily enjoy all aspects of our lifestyle, definitely not the one involving consequences, but I like the idea of you having more power over me. I figure that is what the collar will represent.”

With clueless innocence, Kaydn wondered why his penis was even remotely interested in this conversation. He felt his boxers tent as he hardened and tried to ignore it, but didn’t quite succeed. He wasn’t sure why all this turned him on but his already engorged member was beginning to spasm at the thought of completely submitting to the big man in front of him. Leaning forward, he solemnly declared, “Vince, I’m pretty sure I am submissive and I trust you to do what is best for us.”

“I’m pretty sure you are too.” Vincent grinned at his Brat’s declaration. “And since I like to be in charge, we make a perfect couple.”

Kaydn merrily returned the grin. “So areas we want to work on are…..?”

“Well, one of them will be when I make a decision there won’t be any arguing the way you tend to do now. You know I don’t make decisions without good reason, Kadyn.”

“I get it; no pushing,” Kadyn acknowledged with just a bit of a scowl. “It means no more whining, pouting, or stomping to get you to change your mind about something, right?”

“Right!” Vincent grinned slightly. “Besides, it’s not as though you get me to change my mind by doing any of those things. You get me to change my mind when you come up with a good reason or bring up something I haven’t thought of.”

“Okay, that’s one thing we can work on. What others can you think of?”

“There’s only one more that I can think of right now, and that’s when you want to go somewhere with your friends you need to get my permission first. Lately you’ve been going out with them without even checking to see what my plans are, and twice we’d had plans you’d forgotten. Besides,” Vincent continued with a smile, “I think I’m entitled to have first priority of your free time.” Seeing Kadyn begin to frown, he added, “You know I’m not trying to keep you from your friends, I just want you to check with me and I want us to spend more time together.”

“In other words, the biggest change will be the setting of firmer limits. I guess it boils down to me having a better understanding and acceptance of the boundaries, and you maintaining them.” Kadyn simply put it all in a nutshell in order to clarify what he thought was being said. As he saw it, Vincent was not only emphasizing Kadyn’s role in their relationship, he was also acknowledging his own responsibilities as Kadyn’s Top.

“I can only promise to try my best, Vince,” Kadyn vowed. He smiled serenely at the man beside him and let out a long sigh of contentment. “You haven’t answered my original question, Vincent. Can I have a collar?” he quietly requested.

“Yes, you can have a collar; my collar, that is. You understand better what it means now.”

“I don’t want one that looks like something Bandit would wear. I want one that looks like it’s a piece of jewelry. I know there are all kinds, ‘cause I’ve see the ones that Abby wears. And while they really suit her, they’re not for me. She’s just so cool and I’ve got a massive crush on her. She’s Goth, you know. Like how neat is that?” Kadyn was in the habit of regaling his partner with the merits of Abby, girl-wonder of forensics.

“I agree. I don’t think a Goth style would suit you either. One that looks like jewelry will be best. I hope your crush on Abby doesn’t lessen the crush you have on me,” Vincent teased.

“I don’t have a crush on you, Vincent! I’ve never had a crush on you!” Kadyn was dismayed at his lover thinking such a thing. “Crushes come and go. Some last longer than others, but none last forever. I know, cause I’ve had lots of them. But I knew almost from the first that what I felt for you was for real. You know; the ‘for-the-rest-of-my-life’, ‘one and only true love’ kind of thing. You’re the only one who has ever made me feel the way you do when I’m in your arms. You’re the only one who makes my skin tingle and my heart beat faster. Sounds hokey, I know; but it’s true.”

“I know exactly what you mean, sweetheart. You are the only one for me as well. And it’s not hokey,” Vincent responded seriously.

“Maybe we can find what we have in mind on the internet,’ Kadyn hopefully suggested. With his Top’s blessing, he went into the study, turned on the computer and within minutes was connected to the internet and typing ‘collars’ into his favourite search engine. His eyes widened at some of the sites that came up.

“Man, I hope having a collar doesn’t mean we have to do all that stuff, Vincent. It looks down right scary.” There was a distinct note of fear in the young man’s voice as he crawled onto his Top’s lap. “Okay, so it’s different strokes for different folks and pain works for some, but not me. No sir; pain is definitely not a turn-on for me. We don’t hafta do those things, do we, Vincent?” Kadyn was staring bug-eyed at the screen in front of him, both mesmerized and frightened at the same time by the displays of BDSM paraphernalia and literature. The pictures of men and women in leather and chains being what he considered tortured, had him cringing and pressing himself back against his partner as if seeking a safe haven.

“Hey, it’s okay, Kadyn,” Vincent murmured reassuringly. “Neither of us is into that. Let’s see if this site has collars. Hot-looking collars for my hot-looking partner!”

Reaching around his Brat with both arms, Vincent quickly ran his fingers over the keyboard and brought up a display of collars. They were not being worn by anyone and appeared a lot less intimidating to the man on his lap.

Searching the site together, they finally settled on a collar both of them considered acceptable. For Kadyn, it had been love at first sight. Vincent placed the order while his Brat bounced excitedly on the chair beside him.

“Well, I’m glad we’ve got that ordered,” Vincent commented, chuckling at the other man’s excitement. “Now all we have to do is wait for it to get here. You realize that even though the site said seven to twelve days, they mean working days, right?” Knowing Kadyn’s nature of wanting things to arrive faster than promised, he added, “So it could take almost three weeks, depending on the mail.”

“Yeah, and that’s going to be the hardest part; the waiting.” Kadyn moaned even while appreciating the warning. Neither man was in any doubt of him doing so patiently.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kadyn was patient for the first week, but anxiously rushed home every day of the second week to check the mail, only to be disappointed when the package didn’t arrive.

“We should have paid the extra fee for rush delivery, Vincent,” he grumbled yet again. “I bet it’s the engraving that holding it up.”

Vincent laughed good-naturedly at the remark. “Honey, it will get here; don’t worry. We decided when we placed the order that there was no need for the rush delivery. Give it time.”

This conversation had been repeated several times over the last few evenings. Vincent saw the frown on his Brat’s face and shook his head to ward off any further complaining. He smiled when Kadyn huffed and went off to play computer games.

Mid-way through the third week, the long-awaited parcel arrived. Kadyn impatiently tore the brown paper off it before handing the unopened box over to Vincent when the older man snapped his fingers. They were sitting shoulder to shoulder on the sofa, with Kadyn trying to stay as still as possible. He softly whistled when he saw the circle of gold nestled on a bed of royal blue velvet. It had looked beautiful online, but in the here and now, it took his breath away. He watched wide-eyed as Vincent reverently lifted the collar and held it up.

“I think we made the right choice,” Vincent said as he picked up their newest acquisition. “This is beautiful and suits you perfectly. Are you ready for me to put it on you?”

Kadyn straddled the older man’s lap and nodded. Vincent lovingly placed the collar around his lover’s neck and closed the tiny clasp. “It looks great on you,” he murmured sincerely before pulling Kadyn into his arms and soundly kissing him.

Kadyn’s eyes glistened as he ran his fingers lightly over the collar, relishing the coolness against his skin. He closed his eyes and thought of the words ‘I belong to Vincent LeMaur’ engraved on the inside. “Thank you. I promise never to remove it and to do my very best to be worthy of it.” The vow was spoken genuinely and with a sense of awe. “I’d like to do something to show how much your collar means to me, Vincent?” The love he felt for this man was easily visible on his beautiful face.

Getting down on his knees, he gently moved his Top’s legs further apart and slowly opened Vincent’s fly. Although he had never pleasured his lover in this manner before, Kadyn lowered his head, took the pulsing shaft into his mouth and began licking and sucking. He put his hands behind his back, somehow knowing it would be what was expected. He felt his lover’s large hands rubbing gently over his head and heard the big man’s sigh of satisfaction. There was something truly exhilarating about using his mouth to bringing his Top to climax like this. He felt Vincent’s balls contract and within seconds the big guy was coming down his throat with a gusty gasp of pleasure. Kadyn swallowed, grimacing from the unfamiliar taste, and then he sat back with a look of total satisfaction on his face.

“That was wonderful, sweetheart,” Vincent whispered when he’d caught his breath. “Thank you. I know you’ve never done that before.” After a few moments, he looked thoughtfully at Kadyn, who now wore a serious expression. “What’s on your mind? I can see there’s something. Tell me about it.”

Kadyn deferentially touched the gold band once again. “This is more than a collar, Vince. I mean, it comes with a promise from you to protect me and keep me safe, even from my own self. It is a double-sided commitment, isn’t it?”

“Yes, you’re right. It is. I’m committed to taking care of you no matter what, and you’re committed to respecting and obeying me. While it may not seem a great deal different than what we have been doing, the collar will now be a physical reminder,” Vincent explained.

“I’m never going to take it off. I don’t care if people see it. Although I won’t go around crowing about it or anything, I don’t plan on keeping it hidden as if I’m ashamed of it either.”

“That’s great, honey. I’m glad you want to wear it all the time. It’s definitely nothing to be ashamed of. It is something for both of us to cherish.”

“Gotcha!” Kadyn reached up and threw his arms around Vincent’s neck, pulling the bigger man down for a soul-shattering kiss.

Seeing a slightly dazed look on his lover’s face, Kadyn ventured. “I got just one more question, Vincent. Can we buy a coffin to sleep in? Abby sleeps in one.” He was up and running before his Top recovered from the shock.

Vincent groaned when he heard Kadyn laughing uproariously, then he got to his feet and took off in pursuit of his errant Brat.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment