Ramifications of Hitch-hiking

Co-written by: Myst, Mel and LJ

(Crossover with Rene)


“Hmmm, quit it,” Kadyn whined as he tried to shove the irritating hand off his shoulder. The hand remained unrelenting until Kadyn reluctantly opened his eyes and peered around the darkened vehicle. Turning sleepy eyes to his partner, he mumbled his query. “We’re home, Vincent?”

“Yes, we’re home,” Vincent replied, amazed at how easily Kadyn could fall asleep in the car and stay asleep for three hours. “It’s time for you to wake up long enough to get safely into bed,” he teased gently as he helped his Brat negotiate the steps on the porch. Vincent knew that Kadyn was in no shape to talk about what had happened earlier, but talk they would, and soon. He would not put it off for a few days. ‘We’ll discuss it later today,’ he promised himself.

“You get to bed. We’ll talk about this trip of yours after breakfast,” he continued, giving Kadyn a kiss. Then he closed up the house and got ready to crawl into bed for a few hours of well-deserved sleep.

By the time Vincent was stretched out under the blankets, Kadyn was wide awake. He rolled onto his partner’s chest and peered into the older man’s face. He could just barely make out Vincent’s handsome features in the moonlight streaming through the bedroom windows.

“I can’t sleep, Vince. Wanna make love?” Not waiting for an answer, Kyler reached down and zeroed in on his lover’s flaccid penis.

Vincent sighed. It was late and he was exhausted. It had been a very long day and unlike his lover, he hadn’t had the benefit of a lengthy nap on the way home. “Kadyn.” He slapped away his partner’s hand. “There’s no way I am up to making love right now. All I want is some sleep. I need it.”

Realizing that he’d sounded harsher than he’d intended, Vincent reached out to pull Kadyn against him and kissed his neck gently. “Go to sleep, sweetheart. I love you,” he added, all but falling asleep as he spoke.

“Okay, Vincent, you sleep,” Kadyn whispered as he softly ran his fingers over his lover’s whiskered jaw. He lay quietly in his Top’s embrace and gazed lovingly at this man he loved with all his heart. He savoured a feeling of warmth at the thought that Vincent cared enough to come fetch him and bring him home, even as he felt a twinge of guilt for having worried the older man by not keeping him better informed of his and Rene’s plans and their whereabouts.

‘Oh, well,’ he thought philosophically. ‘Guess we’ll be discussing all that in the morning. Hope he doesn’t ask too many questions about the breakdown, ‘cause I sure don’t want him finding out about the hitchhiking. What Vincent doesn’t know, can’t hurt my butt.’ Kadyn fell asleep with his fingers crossed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Waking up, Vincent sniffed the air to enjoy the aromas making their way upstairs. It was apparent that Kadyn had decided to be creative and cook breakfast. Vincent could smell coffee as well as Kadyn’s special French Toast. He quickly got out of bed, pulled on a pair of sweats and an old soft T-shirt, and made his way down the stairs.

When he walked into the kitchen he saw that Kadyn had set the table and was working on finishing the French Toast and had started on a pan of bacon as well. Vincent gave him a quick kiss and greeted his Brat. “Hi, honey. Looks like you have a lot of energy this morning.”

Kadyn threw his arms around Vincent’s neck and enthusiastically returned the kiss. “Hope you’re hungry, ‘cause I made lots.”

Pushing away from his partner, the younger man pulled out a chair and offered it with a dramatic bow. “I’ve got an abundance of energy this morning, probably from all the sleep I got last night. Good thing, too. I’m kinda thinking about the prep work needed to get the shop window ready for Rene to paint. Maybe I’ll get started on it.” Kadyn babbled along while setting hot food on the table.

“Umm, this is so good,” Vincent said with a smile as he took his second bite of the French Toast. There was something special that Kadyn did when he made it and that made it better than any other Vincent had ever had. After finishing off breakfast, Vincent got up to refill his coffee. “That was wonderful, love. Thank you for making such a great breakfast. I know you may have plans for the day, but they will have to wait a bit. Why don’t you meet me in the living room in twenty minutes? I’ll clean up here since you cooked and you can shower. We have a few things to discuss about yesterday, don’t we?”

“We do?” Kadyn asked innocently. “If it’s about my forgetting to call, Vincent, I already apologized for that.” Kadyn sure didn’t want to bring up the events of last evening and have the older man questioning him about any of the circumstances surrounding Rene’s car trouble. He wondered what the fallout would be if Vincent ever learned of him having thumbed a ride with a perfect stranger.

“Kadyn, I said we’d discuss it in twenty minutes so you could have a shower, and I meant twenty minutes,” Vincent reiterated, not raising his voice but making it clear that they would have the discussion then and not now. “If you want to spend that time waiting for me in the living room, go right ahead,” he continued as he began to clear the table and stack the dishes in the dishwasher.

Vincent knew from the way his Brat had been acting that he was hiding something about the previous day, but knew he’d get the information from his partner without too much fuss. One thing about Kadyn, Vincent mused to himself, was that he was totally honest with him. He might not volunteer information but when asked, invariably told the truth. It was one of his many good characteristics that Vincent admired. Now, if he could just get him to think first and act second, there would be a lot fewer ‘discussions’.

“Fine by me,” Kadyn cheerfully agreed. He easily went along with his partner’s plans. After all, he didn’t want to piss off the older man and find himself in more trouble than he was probably already in. Besides, regardless of how the day went, Kadyn really preferred to spend it with Vincent because he had missed being with the big guy yesterday.

Less than twenty minutes later, a freshly showered and dressed, carefree young man bounced down the stairs and into the living room where he threw himself onto the sofa and put his feet up on the coffee table. “I’m here, Vincent! What’s the hold up?” Kadyn hollered to his Top who was still puttering around in the kitchen.

“There is no hold up,” Vincent replied as he scooted a chair under the table and closed the kitchen door. Walking into the living room, he dropped kiss on the top of his Brat’s head, then sat next to him on the sofa.

He took Kadyn’s hand in his and looked into his blue eyes. “Yesterday was full of surprises. It started out with you and Rene planning to be gone for only a few hours to get paints and it ended with us getting home well after midnight. I missed you and worried about you! I think we both know that there’s no way I would have said it was okay for you to go to Vancouver. I understand you got carried away but that’s not a good excuse, is it? And then you end up in Bridal Falls. I still don’t know how you got there and I’d like an explanation.”

Seeing the surprised look on Kadyn’s face, Vincent added, “You know you can tell me anything. We may not always agree but no matter what, I’ll always be here for you.”

Kadyn decided to respond to the first item on Vincent’s agenda. He blushed and looked shyly at the older man. “Seeing as you were gonna say no to my going to Vancouver, then I guess it’s a good thing I forgot to call. ‘Cause I really wanted to go. I liked being with Rene and we needed to get those painting supplies. You didn’t have to worry, Vincent; it was all working out good. Well, that is until the car broke down,” he reluctantly admitted. “But Rene knew exactly where to go for help,” he brightly added. “So, see? It was no big deal.”

Vincent shook his head at his Brat’s logic. “Let me get this straight; forgetting to ask about going to Vancouver was okay as you really wanted to go? It didn’t enter your mind that I might be worried when you were hours late. And, while it is nice that you like Rene, I don’t think that should chase all thoughts of keeping me in the loop out of your mind. And as for the car breaking down, I know it didn’t break down in Bridal Falls. That is not on the route from Vancouver to Jade Heights. Just where did you break down and how did you get from there to Bridal Falls? I’ve noticed you’ve been avoiding addressing this issue. So you see; it is a big deal.”

Before Kadyn could reply, Vincent added, “And I’d like the whole truth this time, my love.”

Drawing up his legs and wrapping his arms around them, Kadyn hunched himself further into the corner of the couch. Figuring it was better to just get the worst of it into the open, he blurted out. “We hitchhiked!”

Vincent almost didn’t believe what he’d just heard. How could Kadyn and Rene done something like that? They had to know how dangerous it was. “You did what? No, don’t answer me,” he ordered as soon as the question was out of his mouth. “You know how I feel about hitchhiking; how dangerous it is.” Vincent ran his hands through his hair. “I can hardly believe you’d do such a thing! Did you do anything else that I don’t know about?”

Kadyn cringed at the tone of his Top’s voice. He couldn’t bear Vincent being angry with him. Seems he was forever doing something the older man disagreed with. Of course, Kadyn freely admitted it was usually something his partner considered risky. Kadyn had a small town attitude and went through life believing he was safe with anyone, whether he knew them or not.

“I didn’t do nothing else,” he answered truthfully. “If it will make you feel any better, Vincent, Rene’s friend already bawled us out. We were stuck on the side of the highway and couldn’t even call for help ‘cause our cell phones wouldn’t work. It would have taken forever to get to Bridal Falls if we’d have walked. The guy who picked us up was really nice; like small town folk, Vincent, honest!” Kadyn strongly emphasized this last comment.

Vincent shook his head at Kadyn’s words but he managed to maintain his patience. “Kadyn, you had no idea when you decided to ride with him that he was a safe person. He was just a stranger offering you two a ride. You could have waited for a police patrol to come through since your phones didn’t work.” Taking a breath, the older man added with less patience, “You didn’t think it over; you just went with the first thing that came into your mind. I know you wanted to get to where you could call, but there were other options.”

Seeing that what he was saying was sinking in, Vincent turned and pulled Kadyn over his lap. “I love you, but I won’t allow you put yourself in danger like that.” He tugged down his Brat’s pants and boxers, and then began to soundly spank him until Kadyn’s lover cheeks turned a deep red and Vincent could feel the resistance leaving the younger man’s body.

Kadyn wasn’t surprised to find himself face down over his partner’s hard thighs, but he was surprised at the strength his partner put behind each wallop of his hand. The big guy really meant business and was going to make sure his Brat remembered the lesson for some time to come. The young man squirmed, hollered and fought at every turn before finally giving in and accepting the message his Top was trying to convey. Kadyn slumped over Vincent’s lap and sobbed into the soft upholstery of the sofa.

Once done, Vincent carefully gathered Kadyn into his arms and began to stroke his hair, all the while murmuring, “I love you and will do whatever it takes to keep you safe. I couldn’t bear it if anything bad ever happened to you. I want us to be together forever.”

Realizing the spanking had ended, Kadyn clung to Vincent’s shoulders, crying out his pain. He reached behind him to tentatively touch his sore bottom. “Th-that really h-hurt, Vincent,” he hitched when he had calmed down enough to speak coherently.

Vincent half smiled at Kadyn’s words. He heard them or something similar each time Kadyn got spanked. “I know, love, but it seems that sometimes it’s the only way I get my point across.” He pulled out his handkerchief and gently wiped his Brat’s tear-stained face. “And if I need to spank you every week to keep you safe, I will,” he sternly added.

Seeing the look of shock on Kadyn’s face, Vincent reminded him. “You know I only spank you this hard when you endanger yourself. I don’t know what I’d do without you to brighten my life!”

After a few moments of silence, Vincent put forth a suggestion. “You going to be all right and I think we need to get out of the house for a bit. What do you say to a walk past the village and down to the pond? It will make you feel better, I promise. On the way back, we can stop and pick up tonight’s dessert. If you’re good, I might even let you choose,” he finished with a grin.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” Kadyn murmured and returned the grin. “And I love you too, Vincent. I really don’t feel like going out right now ‘cause I want my butt to cool off before I pull my pants up. That is, unless you don’t mind me being outside in just my boxers.” He smirked up at the older man as he rearranged his underwear. He found his Top’s momentary loss of words very amusing.

Sighing deeply, he cuddled closer and began absently toying with the buttons on the other man’s shirt. “You know, Vincent, I do plan ahead sometimes; especially since I was giving the responsibility of coming up with crafts ideas for the Cubs. When Rene and I were in Leisure World yesterday, we found several big bins full of little kits marked down seventy-five percent. I just about cleaned them out. I’d show you what I bought but everything’s still in Rene’s car.” Kadyn figured now was as good a time as any to speak up and point out a few truths in his own defense. “So you see, I do think about things in advance…just not the one’s you want me to think about,” he quietly admitted.

“It’s okay if you want to stay in. It was just an idea,” Vincent responded with his easy smile. Running his fingers through his Brat’s hair, he continued. “I know you are a good planner when it comes to a lot of things. You are responsible in so many ways, too many ways to count and I love that about you. I just want you to think ahead when it comes to your safety. You mean the world to me and it scared me when I realized you’d gone off with someone you didn’t know, even if Rene was with you. Now, how do you want to spend the rest of the day?” Vincent wanted Kadyn to know that he felt they were ready to move on.

Kadyn grinned and threw his arms around the bigger man’s neck. After soundly kissing his partner, he got off Vincent’s lap, stepped out of his jeans and merrily suggested, “I would really like to help you bake some chocolate chip cookies; nice big chewy ones. Then we can just chill out for the rest of the day; maybe watch a movie this evening, okay?”

He didn’t wait for an answer before heading toward the kitchen. “Sometime this afternoon, I gotta touch base with Rene to see about getting my stuff out of his car.” Kadyn also wanted to see how his friend had made out, but he didn’t tell Vincent that.

“Chocolate chip cookies it is,” Vincent concurred with a smile. He knew how much Kadyn loved making cookies. As he walked into the kitchen, he saw that Kadyn was already getting out the cookie makings. “Which type of nuts do you want with the cookies?” he asked as he turned on the stove. “Pecans, walnuts or almonds; I’m sure we have all three somewhere in the pantry. It’s your call.”

“Pecans!” Kadyn answered decisively, plunking the bag of flour onto the counter. “I’ll crack the eggs for you.” He scurried around the kitchen in his sock feet, getting a small bowl down from the cupboard and the eggs out of the fridge. “I get to lick the bowl, don’t forget. I love raw cookie dough.”

Vincent began measuring out the dry ingredients, humming softly to himself. There was nothing he liked better than spending the day with the man he loved. And the thought of doing nothing more stressful that evening than watching a movie, suited him just fine.

“Okay, okay, pecans it is. The bowl is all yours only after the cookies are made,” Vincent retorted laughingly.

As the last batch of cookies made it into the oven, the house was filled with aroma of fresh cookies; a smell Vincentloved. Looking at Kadyn, he offered with a grin, “Here’s the bowl like I promised and this is the last batch. What do you think if we freeze half of them once they cool? That way they won’t be all gone in just one week. You know me, I love fresh cookies.”

“Good thing you made up a triple batch, huh?” Kadyn scraped all remaining cookie mix out of the bowl, not that there was a lot left. But he didn’t really mind. He had already pinched dough every time he thought Vincent’s back was turned and had probably eaten the equivalent of a dozen cookies. He wasn’t always successful in getting away with it, but wouldn’t let a couple of raps on his knuckles with the wooden spoon deter him.

“Want some?” he asked, holding up the spoon for the older man only to have Vincent politely decline. Kadyn finished up and walked around the counter to put the spoon and bowl in the sink. “You’re putting the roast of beast in the oven as soon as the cookies come out, right?” He laughed when his partner indignantly told him it was a roast beef, not beast. “Either way, I’ll peel the veggies for you after I make a phone call, okay?”

“That’s fine with me,” Vincent agreed as he slipped an arm around Kadyn’s waist and gave him a peck on the cheek. “I want to get this all cleaned up before I start the roast. And I want to have the cookies out of the way, so there’s plenty of time for you to make your call; half an hour at least.”

As Kadyn headed for the living room, Vincent called out, “We have two turnips in the fridge. Please add one when you do the veggies. I don’t care either way about celery, but I am in the mood for turnip with dinner.”

“You got it!” Kadyn hollered back as he bounced distractedly on the balls of his feet while waiting for someone at the other end of the line to pick up. “Hello, is Rene there please?”

Several minutes later, Kadyn was back in the kitchen. “I’m not going to be showing you the craft kits today, Vincent. Rene and Zack are busy. I think they’re having the same kind of day we’re having and just chilling out. Rene and I are gonna meet up tomorrow,” he informed the older man as he perched himself on the edge of the stool and with his elbows on the counter and his chin in his hands, watched his partner season the meat before putting it in the oven.

Kadyn thought over what his Top had said to him about endangering himself and the seriousness of the situation he had put himself into suddenly hit him, causing his heart rate to accelerate. ‘It okay, I’m safe…..this time,’ he reminded himself as thoughts of what might have happen raced through his mind.

He gazed with admiration for the man who meant the world to him and suddenly felt a rush of emotion that almost had his knees buckling. It also made him realize how much he needed and loved this man, and really turned him on. They had never made love soon after a spanking but as sore as Kadyn’s backside was, he knew he needed the sexual release.

“You know, that’s gonna take a while to cook,” Kadyn voiced pensively, his eyes sparkling. He hopped off his seat, grabbed Vincent’s hand and dragged the bigger man into the living room. Once there, Kadyn pushed his partner into the large lazy-boy and straddled his lap. He began his assault by caressing Vincent’s face and placing little kisses on his lips, then kissing him in earnest.

Kadyn deepened the kiss and slowly undid the buttons on Vincent’s shirt. His head dipped and he nibbled his way down his lover’s neck and chest, sucking at the older man’s nipples before ending up at his navel and then disappearing further down to his groin. Then the hands that had been stroking Vincent’s skin deftly unzipped the man’s trousers and freed his pulsing erection.

“We can take care of this if you like,” Kadyn grinned, holding up one of the small tubes of lube he kept stashed in various places around the house.

Understanding the need to reconnect, Vincent gently caressed Kadyn’s cheek and nodded. He then prepared his young lover and helped him get into position. They were very adept at this, well-versed in each other’s erogenous zones and it didn’t take long for them to arrive at the heights of pleasure they’d sought.

“Thank you, baby,” Vincent whispered once his heartbeat had returned to normal. He eased back in the big chair as Kadyn cleaned them up. He then pulled his Brat down on his lap and wrapped the light throw Kadyn had fetched from the back of the sofa around them. A few minutes later, they drifted off to sleep in one another’s arms.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kadyn stood back and critically examined the display window. He had removed everything from along the front of it and completely cleaned it in preparation for the pictures Rene would be painting on it. He hoped his work would meet the young artist’s expectations. He smiled when the door opened and his friend walked in, supplies in hand.

Rene carried in his large art portfolio with the sketches for the window along with paint case. He struggled not to drop them as he pushed through the door. “Good morning, Kadyn!” he called to his friend.

“Here, let me get the door for you,” Kadyn offered as he rushed over.

“I see you have the window all cleared for me.”

“Yeah, hope I did a good enough job.”

“Yes, it looks great. Thanks, let’s just put these by the window and so I have them handy. I have to go back to my car and get all the stuff you left in there. Seeing all those bags gave Zack a fright. He thought I’d bought out the store.”

“That’s great, Rene. I appreciate it. I was telling Vincent about the terrific deals I got and I’m anxious to show him everything. But right now, what can I do to help you?”

“Well if you can come out to my car and help lift the bags in, I can grab the last of the things I’ll need. I have some drop cloths and the like. I got a pretty good parking spot.” He laughed, indicating his old K-car parked right in front of the convenience store

Kaydn chuckled and joked, “You sure there was no place closer?” He followed Rene over to the car and they soon had the back seat and trunk emptied out. “I’m working in the store all day so just let me know if you need anything. Maybe you’d like to have a coffee with me before you get started.”

“I’d love some coffee,” Rene replied. Zack had refused to let him have any yesterday; claiming he’d had enough caffeine on Saturday to last a month. Besides he was hoping for a quiet moment to ask Kadyn about his time since they’d separated the other evening. He was curious if his friend got into trouble with his Top as well.

Kadyn led the way to a little alcove behind the counter. He poured two mugs of coffee and handed one to Rene. “Have a seat, make yourself at home,” he cheerfully invited, setting the cream and sugar on the small table.

Rene glanced appreciatively at both the coffee and the cushioned seat. Though not as sore as he’d been on Sunday, his backside was still tender and he would not have wanted to sit on a hard wooden stool. He sat down gingerly. “Thanks, I’ll take mine the way it comes from the pot.” He took a sip of the rich black brew. “Mmm, this is good. Do you normally get much time in the mornings to relax like this?”

“Yeah, it’s kinda slow at this time. It will pick up once the kids get out and about. They’ll be swarming in here to get candy and junk soon enough.” Kadyn eased himself down onto his chair and sat back with a sigh.

Rene couldn’t help but notice that Kadyn lowered himself onto the chair in almost the same careful manner he had. He wanted to ask, but still felt shy about the subject. The spanking he’d had on Saturday had been a real eye opener to him, He’d had no idea it could leave your butt so sensitive. He chewed his lip for a moment, trying to think of a way to bring up the subject. Finally, he thought he might try hinting a bit. “I’m sorry I couldn’t get your things to you yesterday. Zack thought it was better if I stayed home with him for the day.”

Kadyn had been trying to come up with a way to ask his friend how he had made out Saturday night. After the nervousness Rene had displayed during their tip to Vancouver, Kadyn had been worrying about him. He thought about his own day yesterday with Vincent and realized they’d had reasons for wanting to spend the day practically glued together. ‘Hmm, I wonder,’ he thought and decided to do what he always did, just jump right in. “Ah, Rene, did things turn out as bad as you thought they would when Zack got you home?”

Rene’s face flushed at the question, but it did open the subject he’d been trying to. He looked down at his coffee in order to avoid meeting Kadyn’s eyes. “Yeah... well they weren’t so good. I guess really it was kinda worse than I thought in some ways, but better in others.” He hesitated before continuing. “Zack found out about us hitchhiking and he was really unhappy about that, so well that ‘first time’ like we talked about happened. It was pretty hard but Zack, well... he made it okay too.” He wasn’t sure if he’d made any sense at all, but this was a really difficult thing to talk about.

Kadyn nodded in understanding and grimaced at the memory of his session with his Top. “Yeah, Vincent managed to worm it outta me and man, was he peeved. I can’t remember him spanking that hard before. But he did it because he loves me and he’s always real cuddly afterwards....kinda like a big bear.” He shifted slightly and smirked. “I’m not feeling it as much as I was, though.”

This prompted a smile from Rene. He realized that Kadyn had had a similar experience with the spanking and with the after effects. Perhaps all Tops were like that after they punished their Brats. “I’m still sore but you’re right, it’s not as bad as it was right after. Zack really made me feel the same as you said, loved and comforted when it was done.” He stopped to look at his friend’s smiling and open face. “Kadyn, you’ve been with Vincent for a while now. You think Tops are okay with living like this? Ya know, using discipline for the whole of your lives together?”

Kadyn blinked. “Well, I don’t know about the whole of our lives.” He stopped to give the idea some thought. “But come to think of it, there are some things I seem to do over and over again so I’m not sure if or when I’ll be a lot different. I’m not very good at thinking things through. I always seem to be jumping in over my head and getting into trouble. I know there have been times I’ve really scared Vincent. Hell, sometimes I’ve kinda even scared myself, so it’s good that I have Vincent to rein me in and keep me safe.” He shrugged his shoulders. “So who knows, must be that Tops are okay with being in charge forever.”

“I guess that would be okay, cuz between you and me, I like it that Zack is in charge. He makes me feel better than I have in a long, long time.” He grinned as he took another sip of the coffee. “Anyway, I’d better get at the window before the day is wasted.”

“Good plan,” Kadyn laughed. “Just one more question. Think you’ll be hitchhiking again any time soon?”

Rene let out a laugh. “Never again! I might do some mistakes repeatedly; I mean it’s hard to overcome every bad habit, right? But I think this is one lesson I’ve learned really well. No more hitchhiking!”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment